Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Paguera

I could write volumes about my time living in Paguera which is located on the southwest corner of Mallorca.  It is a quiet little town with a large population of expat Germans.  Many of whom had moved to Mallorca to get away from the hustle and bustle living in Germany, and most of all, the endless rain.  I had seen many Germans come to Mallorca to live the dream of sun, beach and ocean (as they say, Sonne, Strand und Meer).  Many come with a dream of opening a bar or a restaurant with high hopes of making it.  They come with their life savings to fullfil a lifelong dream, but unfortunately, I saw a lot of them fail and disappear practically overnight.  They often called it a 'Nacht und Nebel Aktion.'  A phrase that I heard frequently, which meant, night and fog maneuver.  In other words, they failed at their dream and got the hell out of dodge rather quickly.  There are many bars and restaurants that have made it.  Mostly through word of mouth marketing and a good business model.  There are several that I would like to mention over the course of my writing.  Many that are still going strong and well worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment